What is the Veda Yoga Home Study Course?
This is an exciting comprehensive yoga asana and meditation teacher training course. It is comprised of online instructional material and assignments, online feedback on assignments, face-to-face intensive workshops, and assessment of student teaching.
Students will also complete various practical requirements such as observing other teachers and assisting at classes. Participants will need to have access to the internet and an email account, as all course material is supplied by email. Modules include links to online study material as well.
The course is divided into six modules. Students are required to read and understand the information provided, in some cases take part in inquiries related to the module, report on enquiry outcomes and demonstrate their understanding of the study material. Within each module there are assignments and comprehension and memory tests.
Assistance is provided throughout the course in response to written assignments and an assessment of the student’s ability and understanding is provided during the ten intensive face-to-face workshops and after the teacher training classes. In addition to the regular feedback during the course, the course director is available to provide additional assistance both during and after the course.
Who can take this course?
To successfully participate in this course, students must:
1. Have a solid regular yoga asana practice;
2. Be able to devote a minimum of six hours per week to the course for its duration;
3. Have Internet access and an email account;
4. Have access to a digital camera and possibly the ability to take video footage.;
5. Be familiar with basic Veda Yoga Philosophy which is contained in the Introduction to Veda Yoga Philosophy link;
During the course, you will be required to meet the following commitments:
1. Dedicate at least six hours per week to the study of modules and the completion of assignments.
2. Attend at least one teacher training yoga class per month if living near the Gold Coast
3. If possible attend at least one asana class per week.
4. Attend all intensive workshops during the course which will be held on line and in person depending on where you are living.
5. Throughout the course attend a qualified yoga teacher’s class as an observer and as an assistant.
Home Study Requirements
Your certification at the end of the course is dependent on you successfully completing all of the requirements. Students are to maintain a log of their activities during the course. You will be given the log sheets with your initial documentation. Some activities need to be supported by signature which is indicated on the log sheets.
Home study includes studying subject notes, research, and completing two to three hours of module study and assignments. Assignments are submitted by email and by the specified time unless prior arrangements have been made for special circumstances, such as sickness.
There is a need at times to include photographs with your assignments.
Home study will also involve two to three hours of asana practice each week. It is most desirable to pair up with someone else during the course as a study partner. With your study partner, you can practice teaching the poses to each other and provide mutual support and encouragement as well.